Coping With A Cycling Accident Injury

By July 5, 2018Accident Claims
This post was originally published on this site

Over 20,000 cyclists are killed or injured in the UK every year and the majority of these accidents are caused by other drivers, pedestrians and cyclists. If you have been injured in a cycling accident that was someone else’s fault, you could claim compensation. The compensation claim would generally include payments for pain and suffering as well also lost wages, out of pocket expenses and the costs of medical treatments or equipment needed to recover from the injury sustained.

There are a lot of solicitors that will be able to help you with your compensation claim and most will work on a no win no fee basis. You will generally be able to get a free initial consultation with an expert who will provide some legal advice free of charge. You should look at booking a consultation as soon as possible.

Once the solicitor has all of the details of the accident you were in, they will be able to provide you with the advice that you need. The will also be able to tell you whether or not they believe your compensation claim will be successful. You should look for a solicitor that has years of experience dealing with these types of claims. If your injury is severe, the solicitor should be able to arrange interim compensation payments for you before the case is settled, but this can only be applied after the other side has admitted fault.

Common Cycling Accidents

Approximately 75% of all cycling accidents will occur in urban areas and are generally close to or at a road junction. These accidents will usually be caused by driver error. There are other common cycling accidents that you need to know about such as:

  • A motorist emerging into the path of a cyclist
  • A cyclist riding into the path of a vehicle, generally when riding off the pavement
  • A motorist turning across the path of a cyclist
  • A child cyclist riding too fast or playing
  • A motorist and cyclist going straight ahead
  • A cyclist turning right from a major road into a minor road

If you have experienced any of these accidents, you should get in touch with legal representation and arrange for medical treatment of any injuries that have been sustained. When you work with a solicitor that offers a no win no fee payment structure, you will not have to pay the solicitor unless your claim is successful. If the claim is successful, the solicitor will be paid their fees in part by the losing party which will generally be an insurance company. They may also take the fee from the settlement amount, but this will be outlined in the agreement you sign with them.